Public Adjuster Services — Residential Insurance Claims
When disaster hits home, you have your hands full. Our team of experts is available to help you put the pieces back together, prepare your residential insurance claim, and streamline the process for a fuller, faster settlement. For decades, homeowners facing property damage have turned to Adjusters International to help them rebuild their lives. As public adjusters, we work for you, advocating on your behalf, and never for insurance companies.
When faced with an insurance claim, many homeowners just like you have asked the same questions: How do I estimate my loss? Will I recover enough to rebuild? Can I do this myself? Let our public adjusters remove your uncertainty and guide you through the claims process.
What is a Public Adjuster?
Would you go to court without a lawyer? Or run a business without an accountant? Recovering from a disaster can be difficult and overwhelming. Add to this a complex insurance policy with vague language, coverage questions, and the need to prove every detail of your loss to the insurance company. It soon becomes clear that you could use experts at your side.
Public adjusters are the only category of insurance adjuster who work exclusively for you, the policyholder. There are three types of “adjusters” who you may interact with over the course of your claim.
- A company adjuster (often referred to as simply the “insurance adjuster”) works for the insurance company.
- An independent adjuster also works for insurance companies, not for policyholders. They are simply an independent agent rather than an employee, so an independent adjuster could be working for multiple insurance companies.
- A public adjuster represents the only category of adjuster that works exclusively for policyholders and never for insurance companies. This means there is no inherent conflict of interest when it comes to advocating on your behalf to the insurance company.
A public adjuster may contact you directly after you experience property damage to your home. It’s important for you to know what questions to ask of a public adjuster so you can distinguish established and trustworthy firms from all the others.
What will our public adjusters do for you?
Many people don’t realize that the insurance company doesn’t automatically pay their insurance claim. Instead, it’s your responsibility to prove your claim in order to get compensated for a loss. When a disaster occurs, the insurance company has adjusters, building engineers, claims managers and supervisors, all representing their interests. Who do you have representing yours?
With a staff that includes licensed public adjusters, building estimators, inventory specialists, and accountants, we have the resources and expertise to help you get everything you are owed under the terms of your insurance policy. Our public adjusters bring local knowledge and a strong commitment to personalized client service to each and every property insurance claim.
Our public adjusters can provide some or all of the following services:
- conduct a comprehensive review of your homeowners policy;
- assist you in complying with your policy’s requirements;
- maximize your financial recovery with a proactive claim management strategy;
- conduct a thorough evaluation of your loss, carefully researching, detailing and substantiating every aspect of your claim;
- present and support an itemized claim package to your insurer;
- work as your advocate at all inspections and meetings with your insurance company;
- secure the best possible settlement in the shortest possible time frame; and
- communicate with you every step of the way.