Preparation For a Commercial Hurricane Insurance Claim Is Vital
There has been a spike in the number and severity of hurricanes in recent years. In the aftermath of these storms, there have been too many occasions where businesses were not adequately covered due to the complexities of the loss and inadequacy of their insurance coverage. Understanding your business’ full exposure, and minimizing your risks, can help you financially survive the next major hurricane. The success of your claim will be vital to your financial recovery.
Since a hurricane is largely unpredictable, policyholders along the coasts must always ready themselves for the possibility of future damaging storms and the likelihood of having to file a commercial hurricane claim. In the aftermath of a hurricane, many priorities come to mind, but primarily:
- protecting your property,
- getting your business operating again,
- recovering damaged/lost goods, and
- getting reimbursed for lost expenses
in general, are paramount. Just like boarding your windows before the hurricane, understanding your commercial insurance policy long before a disaster strikes is essential to protecting your insurable interest and ensuring a fast claim recovery. If you have contingency plans established and the proper insurance in place, you will be better prepared to deal with the hurricane insurance claim process which will follow.
Following a major hurricane, it can take an expert to navigate the entire process and maximize your disaster recovery. Our public insurance adjusters’ experience with hurricanes is unprecedented. Starting with Hurricane Elena in 1985, we have handled thousands of commercial insurance claims resulting from every hurricane to have hit the U.S. and Caribbean over the past 31 years. And you can be assured that our team of experts will be there with you every step of the way: preparing, negotiating, and settling your business’ hurricane damage claim.
Listen to our podcast “Hurricanes and Windstorm Coverage” to hear more tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- Adjusting Today “Hurricanes and Windstorm Coverage”
- Adjusters International: Responding to the Worst Disasters “Responding to the Worst Hurricanes, Storms & Floods” focuses specifically on our response to many of the worst natural disasters of the past quarter-century, including: the City of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina; the Florida Keys following hurricanes Dennis, Katrina, Rita and Wilma; and the Texas Medical Center following the rains of Tropical Storm Allison.
- “What to Expect Following a Disaster: Costs, Clean-Up and Coverages”