Flood/Water Damage – Residential Insurance Claims
Water damage – whether from freezing pipes, a burst feeder hose or water pipe, or other sudden, accidental incident – is the second most frequent type of residential property insurance claim in the U.S. It is also among the top three most costly, with repairs and restoration adding up to an average $2.5 billion in insurance company claims per year – an amount that doesn’t include the additional cost to homeowners for deductibles and unreported claims.
Water stains ceilings, walls, and floors. It causes wood and other types of flooring to warp and peel. Left too long, it can promote mold and bacteria growth.
Our public adjusters help you get what you’re entitled to by:
- evaluating your insurance policy to establish the best possible strategy for presenting your claim to the carrier;
- valuing, documenting and substantiating every detail;
- negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company;
- keeping you informed every step of the way; and
- ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Public adjusters work exclusively for you – the policyholder – never for the insurance company.
Tips Regarding Water Damage:
- Take photographs or video to document the full extent of the damage;
- If your loss is extensive, hire a professional experienced in specialty drying and water damage restoration;
- Keep all receipts and create a list of all out-of-pocket expenses you incur; and
- Consider hiring a public adjuster to assist you with the entire water damage claims process.
Who have we helped?
As soon as we engaged your company, you were able to cut through the bureaucracy and reach the key decision makers. You kept us informed of each twist and turn of your investigation. Within months of your engagement, we had our check in hand. We felt comforted and confident that our situation was given the prompt attention that was needed. I would recommend your services to any in this situation.
Anthony & Barbara Black
For decades, our team has been guiding clients through the complicated process of preparing property insurance claims, and we have unparalleled experience in settling flood losses. With over 40 offices throughout North America and a staff of more than 300 personnel, including licensed adjusters, building estimators, inventory specialists, and accountants, we have the resources and experience to help you get everything you are owed from your flood insurance claim.
Listen to our podcast on “Flood – Understanding and Recovering from One of Nature’s Worst Disasters” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- “12 Ways to Reduce Water Damage”
- “How to File a Homeowner’s Property Damage Insurance Claim”
- “Things Our Public Adjusters Want You to Know”