Employment with Adjusters International
We receive many inquiries about employment opportunities within our organization. The following information will be useful whether you are interested in joining our insurance adjusting team as a licensed public adjuster or professional estimator, joining our Public Assistance team as a disaster recovery consultant, or applying for any other position within our organization.
Interested in becoming a public adjuster?
- The best place to learn about the field of public adjusting is through the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters.
- For information on training, contact the The School of Risk Management, which offers a one-year certificate program for a Diploma in Risk and Insurance.
- The State Department of Insurance provides details regarding the licensing information and requirements in your state.
Since public adjusting comes from a position of advocacy for the client, the approach is very different than that of an independent or company insurance adjuster. Similarly, on the FEMA consulting side, we also work as advocates for applicants and have an extensive interview process in place for this program.
We are currently seeking:
Experienced Public Assistance Professional
Adjusters International’s emergency management division is seeking Public Assistance Professionals with experience in the administration of FEMA’s Public Assistance Program. Positions include Project Specialist, Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC), Task Force Lead (TFL), Specialists (Insurance, Environmental, CEF).
- Project Worksheet (PW) development
- Grants administration
- Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDA)
- 406 hazard mitigation
- Public Assistance project/grant close-out
- Dependable, responsible, detail-oriented and organized
- Past experience with FEMA PA Program highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and with local stakeholders and diverse national teams
- Willingness to travel and temporarily work from client locations
If you feel your background and qualifications would be a good match for our organization, please feel free to respond using the form below to provide us with your resume and cover letter.
Send Us Your Resumé
Thank you again for your interest in Adjusters International. Adjusters International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.