Hail Damage – Commercial Insurance Claims
Following a major storm, a potentially serious, yet difficult-to-detect, type of property damage to your business is hail damage. Often following a hailstorm, business owners and building managers don’t even realize their property has suffered damage. As a result a commercial hail damage insurance claim may not be filed promptly.
Check your property post-storm to see if:
- Trees or flowers on the property are damaged;
- Cars parked in the open are dented;
- Any of the buildings’ windows are cracked; and
- Window and door screens, siding, and air conditioners have dents or fissures.
Roofs normally sustain the most costly hail damage, yet hail damage to asphalt shingle roofs is often not immediately recognized. It may take up to three years after a hailstorm for a roof to leak. For flat roofs, unless the hail is quite large (baseball size or more), it may be even harder to detect the damage until much later; which can have an impact on any hail damage insurance claim.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Fully reviewing your insurance coverage;
- Determining policy compliance issues;
- Developing a claim management strategy;
- Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses;
- Formulating business interruption models;
- Assembling comprehensive claim presentations with expert reports; and
- Expediting the insurance claims entire process.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ hail damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
Had you been handling and guiding the preparation and presentation of all our damage estimates from the beginning, our recovery could have been far greater. I speak from experience when I say that estimates given “off the cuff” and without consideration of all the insurance policy’s provisions can come back to haunt you.
Lanny L. Uden, P.E.
Director of Civil Engineering at the Board of Public Utilities in Kansas City, KS
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
Listen to our podcast on “Hail Damage Can Create Difficult Insurance Claims” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- Adjusting Today “Hail Damage Can Create Difficult Insurance Claims”
- “What Can Cause Roof Failures?”
- “Four Signs You Need to Hire a Public Adjuster”