Stephen T. Surace, CPA, CFF, MBA
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Adjusters International Corporate Office
126 Business Park Drive
Utica, New York 13502
- BS, Public Accounting, Utica College of Syracuse University
- MBA, Accounting, SUNY Institute of Technology
Stephen T. Surace is a Senior Vice President and the Chief Financial Officer of Adjusters International, and President of Mosaic Accounting. He has extensive experience in all financial aspects of disaster recovery consulting.
Surace specializes in business interruption/extra expense claims as well as all accounting-related aspects of property damage insurance claims, including dependent properties, payroll limitation claims, utilities services, leasehold interest, accounts receivable, and brands and labels coverage.
Surace has been a featured speaker for the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters. He has also trained insurance professionals in many accounting-based first-party property coverages, including in addition to those listed above, radio and television antennas, electronic data, and stock claims and inventory reconstructions.
Surace has been involved in the preparation, support and settlement of hundreds of multi-million dollar property insurance claims. Most recently he was of assistance to the Matt Brewing Company following their 2008 fire and the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority after the 2006 Tunnel Collapse (The Big Dig). He is also actively engaged as part of the core team providing claims process/protocol analysis and guidance to the State of Louisiana in response to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
Clients in the following industries have benefited from Surace’s assistance: auto parts manufacturers; automotive dealerships; casino/gaming; commercial office buildings; commercial print facilities; educational institutions; equipment manufacturers; food producers and distributors; home improvement stores, lumber mills & kilns; hospitals & long-term care facilities; hotel/motel/inns; marinas; multi-unit apartment complexes; professional offices – including accountants, attorneys and physicians; restaurants; retail outlets; sports entertainment facilities; and manufacturers, as well as multiple other specialty industries.
Steve has been featured as an expert panelist on Adjusters International’s Property Insurance Roundtable podcast in the episode titled, “Business Income Insurance.”
As a member of Adjusters International’s consulting team, Surace has served in various capacities. As the Insurance Claim Manager and Business Interruption Specialist, he has provided accounting expertise on many engagements.
- Orange County, New York, 4020-DR-NY August 2011 Hurricane Irene, Flooding & 4031-DR-NY Tropical Storm Lee, Flooding, December 2011–Present
- State of Louisiana, BP Oil Spill, July 2010–Present
Licensures and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant, State of New York
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Licensed Public Adjuster
- New York State Insurance Instructor since 2007
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, President Utica Chapter
- American Bar Association – Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Associate Member