Key Points Page
- Affected Departments3
- Accounting for Disaster-Related Costs4
- Equipment Inventory for Disaster Usage Reimbursement5
- Inventory for Disaster Damage Reimbursement6
- Picture is Worth 1,000 Words7
- Establishing a Benchmark9
- Identifying and Estimating Disaster-Related Damages10
- Documentation is Critical11
Be Ready for the Next Disaster – and the Public Assistance Process!
Understanding these standard operating procedures and being proactive with required documentation will help expedite your recovery.
Natural disasters have become so widespread in recent years that they can be second-page news. While their frequency might dull our sensitivity to them, more importantly, they should be a wake-up call that now is the time to prepare for these events and to have a plan for recovering from the devastation they cause.