Flood Assistance & Resources – Texas & Mississippi Floods
Severe flooding has ravaged the South, primarily in the states of Texas and Mississippi. Homeowners and business owners alike are struggling with properties that are destroyed and under several inches of water, clean-up processes, and the beginning phases of a property damage insurance claim.
The key to a successful recovery is understanding what your insurance policy includes and excludes. Flood damage is primarily not covered by most property insurance policies. Flood coverage can be found through separate endorsements or policies available through the National Flood Insurance Program.
For help and assistance in understanding your coverage and what you are entitled to, contact us at 800.382.2468, or use our find an adjuster feature to find one of our offices closest to you.
- ABC 13 Eyewitness News
- American Red Cross – Texas Flooding
- City of Houston Storm Recovery
- DisasterAssistance.gov – Immediate Needs Information
- Shelter, Emergency Food, Water, etc. (6/1/16)
- FEMA – Texas Severe Storms and Flooding
- Texas Water Development Board
- Current flood information and emergency road closures in Austin and partner communities in Central Texas
*We will update this list as more resources become available*
For more information and further reading, visit:
- “12 Ways to Reduce Water Damage”
- Podcast “Flood Insurance”
- Adjusting Today “Flood: Understanding and Recovering from One of Nature’s Worst Disasters”
- Disaster Recovery Today “Water Damage: Mold & Salt Water Inundation”