Disaster Recovery Solutions for Grantees
How will your Communities Recover after a Disaster?
Logistical Challenge: Finding qualified, experienced Public Assistance staff without depleting the already stretched resources in your organization.
Logical Solution: Our team supplies expert program delivery staff who work with the grantee and applicant to develop effective recovery strategies and provide hands-on project worksheet formulation.
Our experience with the FEMA grant management process leads to accurate project assessment, professional administration and maximum project funding.
The Benefits of working with Our Professionals
- Immediate Response: Our team responds within 24–72 hours of a request for FEMA Grant assistance.
- Direct Experience: Our staff has a thorough understanding of the FEMA Public Assistance Program. There is no learning curve—only proven delivery.
- Systems: We are able to deploy state-of-the-art web-based project management systems and controls.
- Totally Equipped: Our employees arrive equipped with laptop computers, GPS units, digital cameras, cell phones and safety equipment.
- Advocacy: We represent and advocate for the Grantee and the Applicant, never for FEMA.
Navigating Disaster and Recovery
We respond depending on the needs and expectations of the grantee during the FEMA grant application process.
Flexible Response: We can provide overall management or a deployment of support staff. We can assist you and your applicants from Preliminary Damage Assessment through closeout of the FEMA grants process.
Our staff becomes yours, giving you the expertise to match FEMA’s Project Officers and Public Assistance Coordinators, specialty for specialty.
Accurate Communication: Our customized software delivers the details grantees need to monitor and proactively manage their recovery. Our status reports outline all applicants’ projects, completion ratios, total funding and special issues.
Recovery services include:
- Implementation of a proactive total financial recovery strategy that addresses the immediate and long-term rebuilding needs;
- Site inspection of damaged property and facilities;
- Documentation of debris removal, force account and contract labor;
- Development of scope of work and cost estimates;
- Inclusion of all relevant parties while determining the most efficient approach for maximum recovery;
- Compliance with FEMA funding procurement guidelines and other special considerations, including environmental issues;
- Strategies for project formulation whether for standard, alternate or improved projects;
- Monitoring of disaster contractors, time extensions, evaluation of cost overruns and a review of appeals;
- Validation and certification of small and large projects;
- Prioritization of all project worksheets in a FEMA-ready fashion;
- FEMA Grant closeout assistance.