Deputy Director - Federal Programs
Adjusters International Corporate Office
126 Business Park Drive
Utica, New York 13502
- University of Michigan College of Engineering – Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Syracuse University – Certificate in Project Management
- B.S. State University of New York at Cortland
Tom Daly is a seasoned disaster response, recovery, operations and planning leader with much of his leadership and operations experience gained in some of this nation’s largest disasters.
In the summer of 2015, Daly deployed to Iowa as the Adjusters International Project Manager leading a team of 25 recovery specialists in support of USDA efforts to quell a Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) outbreak. Daly’s team assisted in the tracking and documentation of expenses in the depopulation, cleaning and repopulation of nearly 30 million chickens and turkeys.
As part of the long-term recovery team for New York State in 2014 and 2015, Daly played a key role in transitioning New York State’s Hurricane Sandy recovery operation to meet the long-term goals of the State and its applicants. As a member of the Adjusters International team deployed in the greater New York City area, Daly served as the Public Assistance Group Supervisor (PAGS) for New York City’s Agencies where he was responsible for managing and coordinating recovery efforts for 57 New York City Agencies with estimated damages of over one billion dollars.
Prior his role in New York City, Daly served as both the Task Force Lead and PA Group Supervisor for both Nassau and Suffolk Counties in 2013. In this role, he was responsible for managing and coordinating the PA recovery efforts for over 450 applicants and approximately $750,000,000 in storm related damage. He served as one of the primary NY State point of contacts working/coordinating directly with FEMA leadership and high ranking municipal leaders ensuring appropriate advocacy occurs. In total, Daly has been directly responsible for managing over 75 NY State contractors and employees who were part of a State/FEMA team that wrote over 900 projects.
In 2012, Daly supported the Florida Department of Emergency Management as a Public Assistance Coordinator. Daly was one of two coordinators for Pinellas County responsible for activities related to Tropical Storm Debby. In this capacity, Daly served as the primary point of contact assisting applicants to identify and address their specific issues relating to recovery efforts and the PA grant process including federal and state-specific information and documentation requirements.
In 2010, Daly was the Deputy Director for Planning / Project Management for the MC-252 Deepwater Horizon Incident in Mobile County Alabama. Daly was responsible for cleanup planning efforts for an organization encompassing four divisions, over 200 vessels and 1,000 staff supporting operations covering two islands and 135 miles of coastline.
Daly is a retired Marine Corps officer and has also served as an internal Project Manager for multiple corporate initiatives.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): Response to HPAI (Avian Influenza) Outbreak, June 2015 – August 2015
- New York State: 4085-DR-NY, Hurricane Sandy Long Term Recovery Operations, January 2013– February 2015
- New York State: 4085-DR-NY, Hurricane Sandy, February 2013–October 2013
- State of Florida: 4068-DR-FL Tropical Storm Debby, June 2012– November 2012
- BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill – Alabama – May 2010 – November 2010
- Hurricane IKE – September 2008 – April 2009
Professional Training and Qualifications
Our Disaster Recovery Consultants continuously update their knowledge through FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute’s online classes. Daly has completed the courses listed below. In addition, many of our consultants also augment their knowledge with other technical training.
Emergency Management Institute Coursework
- IS-00100.b Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-00634 Introduction to FEMA’s Public Assistance program
- IS-00200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident
- IS-00201 Forms Used for the Development of the Incident Action Plan
- IS-00700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-00800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
Areas of Expertise
- Project Management
- Disaster Planning
- FEMA Public Assistance
- Construction Management
- EOC Experience
- Lean Operations